Sunday, March 29, 2015

Week ending 3/29/15

I decided to just do a weekly wrap-up to simplify my life. Of course, I reserve the right to change this at any time, however. I mean - something might come up that just CAN NOT wait!

So...main thing that happened this week was I signed up for OKCupid. I'm not really sure why I did, but there it is. I did. Immediately I received a barrage of interest. Now - not all that sent messages were in fact "real," but they were all incredibly complimentary. So I take it with a grain of salt. I know they're copying and pasting their compliments, but hey - if I choose to believe them, that's my prerogative. Y'know - sometimes you're just not feeling it and it's nice to read such things. I especially liked the ones that began with titles such as "empress" or "princess" or "queen." I guess being referred to as royalty is a *thing*?

There are quite a few local men on OKC, however. A plethora, one might say. So, I have begun conversations with some. And also some not so local.

On Saturday, I met one of these...subscribers...for lunch. We had been exchanging emails for a couple of days, then I suggested text and we did that for a couple of days. It's kind of weird. I noticed once plans are made to meet the men quit texting. I'm not sure why that is, but it's just an observation. Anyhow. So I met "Will" at a local restaurant. We agreed to meet in the parking lot so as to be better able to recognize one another. OH WAIT - I have to back up just a bit. In his profile, he says he is open to "friendships, short-term relationships, long-term relationships, casual sex." This is important later. When he messaged me (he was the first), I did not have a profile write up completed yet. So when I replied I asked if he had any questions for me. He asked my body type, to which I replied "Body type? About average in my opinion. And I am very kind with a great sense of humor. I mean - in case you wanted to know about my personality." Just to set the standard. 

So...we met...in the parking lot...he got out of his car...and he's portly. Now - I don't really care. But I found it interesting that he was concerned about my body type and yet didn't find it necessary to be honest on his profile where he said he had an athletic body. hmph.

In the interest of brevity, here is a bullet list of things I found undesirable or unacceptable:

  • On the walk into the restaurant, he led the way - by which I mean it was kind of a rude "let's get this over with" type of walk
  • He didn't take his hat off in the restaurant
  • He spoke at length with 3 people on the way to the table. I understand acknowledging them, but at length. #awkward
  • Within about 5 minutes of sitting down he went into a religious spiel. Totally unexpected. I politely listened, but yet when it was my opportunity to engage in conversation he did not listen. So I told him obviously we disagree, but he would never know why because he wouldn't listen to my reasoning so this conversation was over in my opinion.
  • In his pictures he had some massive eyebrows. He's Irish &  southern Italian - so no biggie. I actually kind of liked them (he is a cutie!). But. He used (I think) a clipper on them. So they weren't "shaved" - but they were shaved. W.T.F.
  • Although he said he was interested in casual sex (which I'm not, but I had to call him out on it!) he went on about how women get too emotionally attached and now that he's getting older he needs that emotional attachment...blah blah blah. So I asked him if I wanted to go back to his place and have sex right then what would he say. He took awhile, but said no. This led to a discussion of women and men - their views on sex as we age and how often sex should happen in a relationship. Even if I did like him, he's a once a week kind of guy. No thanks. That then led to a sex drive conversation. Anyways.

There was more...but really...the crux of the whole thing was no. Just no.

In better news, I am in very enlightening discussion with a vegan from a couple of hours away. I don't think it will ever amount to anything, but he is so much fun to write to. He makes me think. LIke - really think. I've enjoyed him. He does like to debate, which I hate to do (perhaps I should work on my abhorrence of debate), but I don't mind it as much in writing which is the majority of our communication. We have spoken on the phone (for an incredibly long time!), but the majority will probably be phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be mean, don't troll, and don't ask me to do anything.