Sunday, March 22, 2015

I will call him...Rob...

So let's just assume all names I use here are not their real names, OK? I mean - how would you know one way or another, right?
Rob. Lives about 45 minutes away, and when I messaged him he messaged back he was concerned about the distance, but liked my profile...so asked me to "entice" him.
I liked his confidence & he had the best profile I think I've ever read. So I just told him a bit about me, and told him if he was still interested, fine - no worries if not. He was out of state for awhile, so suggested we continue to communicate until he got back and we could make a decision then if we would continue to correspond & eventually meet.
We met. Our first date was dinner & we decided to dress nicely. That was nice. The whole evening was nice. He was a bit overconfident (which was apparent in his profile), but not obnoxiously so. So...we decided to go out again.
We went out five days later. We went to the restaurant we had originally planned on the first night and went to see a play at the local community college. Which I thought was a romcom. It started out that way.
The play was about a couple that met via blind date. They had one date and she wasn't really that into him, but agreed to go out again. That second date convinced her they were not meant to be together. So she said so very clearly, and went on her way. Through the course of the play we see the guy go crazy stalker. So crazy she has to move in with her boss, and can't go back to her apartment to get her stuff. He trashes her apartment.
Eventually she goes back to get her stuff, he is outside, and she is convinced to relocate and change her name.
Here is the funny part. Rob texted me the next morning to say it wasn't going to work out, the distance between us is too far. Fair enough.
But that retrospect part. That part that really wants to message him and tell him not to worry, I won't become a crazy stalker just because we went on two dates and he broke up with me. I mean - how ironic we would see a play that has that as the main story? Just weird.
In other news - there was a woman at the play. Probably around my age, heavy, mousey brown hair, pretty nondescript. She was alone. At first I was impressed that she would go alone. I don't think I'm there yet with my self-confidence (but I'm going to be soon.). Then I started to think about it. She sat as far away from people as she could, and never looked around. If I'm going to go places alone, I don't want to be like that. I'm sure I will be the first few times, but eventually I want to be that person that goes places alone and others look to as inspiration and it's not weird.
Also...Rob gave me a template to write my very own "break up" text, which I used to let "Jim" know I wasn't interested in seeing him anymore. I'm going to keep that break up text to tweak and use in the future if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be mean, don't troll, and don't ask me to do anything.